General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course is an undergraduate Nursing course. It deals with the field of science and covers healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may maintain, attain or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death.
The nurse on completion of this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individual, sick or well, using nursing process.
- – Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- – Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- – Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- – Promote self care in people under their care.
- – Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- – Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care
- Apply knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
- Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations and communication skills in her work.
- Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative preventive and rehabilitative health care service.
- Mobilize community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Demonstrate interest in activities of professional organization.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership while working with other members of health team and community.
- Assist in research activities.
This course will enable you to go for various nursing, midwifery and related other medical jobs in hospitals. GNM aspirants can work at Hospitals, Private clinics, Schools, Private offices, Training institutes, and Rehabilitation centers. Nurses can also take up administrative and teaching positions in medical colleges and nursing schools.
The institute has declared all its buildings and hostel as no-smoking zones. Any student or staff indulging in smoking within these zones shall be fined Rs.500.00 for each offence.
A minimum attendance of 90% in each subject is required to sit for the semester examination. No casual wears are allowed in campus during the college hours. The institute provides a pleasant and healthy environment for all its students. The institute does not discriminate among its students based on gender, caste or color.
Ragging Free Environment
As per Honorable Supreme Court order, ragging is totally prohibited in education institutes.
The institute has adopted a very tough policy to stop ragging on its campus as well as hostel. Any student caught or found to be engaged in ragging shall be severely punished and will be expelled from institute.